Community Education Meetings
MOCA hosts several educational meetings each year for ovarian cancer survivors, family members and friends. These meetings are free and open to the public. We provide light refreshments, and you’ll have a chance to socialize and meet other survivors.
The MOCA Living Well public education series is designed to help you live well during all stages of an ovarian cancer diagnosis. These meeting are designed for women, their families and friends at any stage of ovarian cancer diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. Meetings are free and open to the public. Click on the link below to register.
Managing “Chemo Brain,” Neuropathy and Lymphedema
Join MOCA and speakers from Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute, part of Allina Health, to learn how to manage effects of cancer treatment.
- Therapeutic intervention for chemo fog.
Joette Zola, OTR/L, STAR/C
Learn about the cognitive changes which can occur from chemotherapy and the evidence which supports therapy as beneficial.
- What can YOU do about chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy?
Leah Amundson PT/DPT, STAR/C, Pilates Certified Instructor
Is there anything that can be done about chemotherapy- related peripheral neuropathy? This talk will discuss exercise and sensory training strategies to minimize the effects of peripheral neuropathy.
- Current recommendations for treatment and management of lymphedema.
Erin Swift, CNP, CLT, STAR/C
This presentation will review the lymphatic system, the diagnosis of lymphedema, risk reduction recommendations, and treatment. Current guidelines for exercise and activity will be shared with survivors.
Saturday, April 5
9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Registration begins at 9:00 a.m.
12601 Ridgedale Dr.
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Community Ed Meeting Archives
Information, presentations and handouts are often available from previous meetings. Click the links below to see what’s available online. For more information, please contact the Community and Support Program Manager at email@example.com.
Sexual Health After an Ovarian Cancer Diagnosis
- Community Ed Archives – 2014
- Community Ed Archives – 2013
- Community Ed Archives – 2012
- Community Ed Archives – 2011
- Community Ed Archives – 2010
- Community Ed Archives – 2009
- Community Ed Archives – 2008
- Community Ed Archives – 2006
- Community Ed Archives – 2005
- Community Ed Archives – 2004 and earlier