Dec. 29, 2018 – The Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance has issued a request for proposals from both national and Minnesota-based researchers for ovarian cancer research projects.
The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2019. All proposals must be in the MOCA office by 4:00 p.m. CT on that date. Notification of action by MOCA will take place by April 19, 2019.
For the funding centered in Minnesota, eligible projects must be conducted in Minnesota by Minnesota-based researchers. Applicants may be pursuing individual research or be part of a team research project pertaining to ovarian, primary peritoneal or fallopian tube cancer.
Project funding is available for one year of activity. Grant requests must be in the exact amount of either $50,000 or $100,000 for general awards or $80,000 for the Spin it Teal/Give to the Max Day research award.
All proposals will be considered. However, special consideration will be given to:
- Innovative approaches to detection or treatment, not previously explored before;
- Proposals which may lead to early detection, better treatment or a cure for ovarian cancer;
- Projects that may benefit women living with ovarian cancer today;
- Translational projects that include a plan for a clinical trial;
- Projects that might not otherwise be funded; and
- Projects that will result in the development of preliminary data which will enable the researcher to compete for larger national grants.
Fourth Annual Spin it Teal/Give to the Max Day research award: A one-year grant of $80,000 funded by MOCA’s Spin it Teal Event and Give to the Max Day will be awarded to one project focused on preventing the recurrence of ovarian cancer.
For the National Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer Research Awards, research proposals may be for individual projects or part of a larger research project related to early detection of ovarian, primary peritoneal or fallopian tube cancer. Awards will be granted only to projects conducted outside the state of Minnesota.
Project funding is available for one year of activity. Grant requests must be for the amount of $50,000.
Download the full RFPs below.
2019 Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Research Awards RFP
2019 National Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer Research Awards RFP