Interested in using your financial expertise for good? Make an impact by serving the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) as Treasurer on our Board of Directors. Please see the application information below.
Treasurer, MOCA Board of Directors
Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) is a statewide nonprofit organization established in 1999 dedicated to raising awareness of ovarian cancer, providing support to women and families impacted by the disease and funding the research needed to detect ovarian cancer early and treat it properly.
MOCA is fully committed to excellence in financial stewardship and governance. We have achieved the highest ratings possible by charity watchdog groups including high ratings on Charity Navigator, “Platinum” on Guidestar and “Meets all Standards” by Charities Review Council.
The Treasurer provides expertise to Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance on matters related to financial oversight of the organization. The Treasurer leads the Finance Committee and serves on the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of the Treasurer include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and advises on annual budget development, monitors finances monthly and reports to the board of directors on financial condition of the organization.
- Advises on reserve policy and determination of operating reserve each year.
- Ensures timely and thorough audits are conducted. Reviews audit findings.
- Reviews and advises on investment and financial control policies.
- Advises on financial management systems, software and practices
MOCA’s Treasurer should:
- Have a commitment to MOCA’s mission and be willing to volunteer time.
- Have experience in financial management, experience in nonprofit financial management especially relevant.
- Be able to commit to monthly Executive Committee meetings and 7 board meetings per year.
If interested, please send an email expressing interest: Kathleen Gavin, Executive Director, Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance, firstname.lastname@example.org.