The Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) is seeking a communications and marketing intern. The position is available immediately.
MOCA Communications and Marketing Intern Job Description
Mission and Purpose
Contribute and further MOCA’s mission:
- To create an awareness regarding early warning signs that may be indicative of ovarian cancer
- To create and promote resources for support, networking, and education for women diagnosed with ovarian cancer and their families
- To unite and educate individuals, the medical community and organizations to achieve earlier diagnosis, better treatment and a cure for ovarian cancer
- To advance ovarian cancer research toward earlier diagnosis, better treatment and a cure
The Communications and Marketing Intern will support the Communications Manager in creating and maintaining communications and marketing efforts for the organization.
- Update media contact lists and conduct media monitoring
- Develop and draft articles, blog posts, emails, newsletter articles and social media posts
- Write press releases and pitches as required for special events and awareness initiatives
- Assist in creating and maintaining accurate communications on the MOCA website
- Assist in the outreach and coordination of public relations and marketing initiatives for events such as the Black, White & Teal Gala, MOCA Lights the Night public awareness campaign and HOM Teal Strides
- Other PR/communications responsibilities as assigned, such as interviewing and updating survivor stories, etc.
- Contact local media outlets and utilize community calendars and websites for posting and advertising upcoming events and meetings
- Create graphics and videos for use on social media
- One to two years work or school experience in communications, marketing, public relations or comparable work, educational or volunteer experience
- Interest and/or experience in health care communications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Accurate, detail-oriented and responsible
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Experience with various social media platforms
- Experience with Canva preferred
This position is part-time (part remote, part in-person) and unpaid at approximately 10 hours per week. There is some flexibility in number of hours and days worked, but a schedule of set hours is requested. Attendance at MOCA’s in-person events is required. Must show proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination series.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Jody Ambroz McArdle, MOCA Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.