MOCA is a nationwide leader in ovarian cancer research funding.
Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA)
National Early Detection of Ovarian Cancer Research Awards
2020 Request for Proposals
The Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance will award two grants in November 2020 to support research on early detection of ovarian cancer.
Research proposals may be for individual projects or part of a larger research project related to early detection of ovarian, primary peritoneal or fallopian tube cancer. Awards are available to researchers working anywhere in the U.S. Project funding is available for one year of activity. Grant requests must be for the amount of $50,000.
Evaluation of proposed projects will be made by national experts in early detection research and at large MOCA members. Recommendations will be voted on by the MOCA Board of Directors.
September 1, 2020: Deadline for submission. All proposals must be received in the MOCA office by 4:00pm on this date.
October 23, 2020: Notification of action by MOCA.
November 11, 2020: MOCA announces award recipients at the Awards Celebration.
Proposals must be paginated and include the following:
- Cover letter should include the grant title, the PI’s name and direct contact information.
- Abstract of proposed research, including rationale of the study (you do not need to include an explanation of why ovarian cancer is worthy of being studied or basic statistics on ovarian cancer as these are very familiar to all our reviewers), significance of research, explanation as to why this is innovative (if it is), aims, and a brief overview of research design and methods.
- Summary of proposed research (one paragraph) which describes the proposed research in terms an educated layperson would understand and describes the significance of the research to the patient population.
- Research proposal, not to exceed 6 pages. Additional supporting information may be provided in addendum form if deemed essential.
- Budget should include category of expense and include a rationale for each budget item. MOCA funds can be used for PI salary, conference travel and publication costs as deemed necessary by PI. Salary costs should be detailed. MOCA funds cannot be used for indirect costs.
- Information about PI, including:
- Biographical statement of personal career goals of PI (one page)
- Contact information, including direct phone number and email address
- Curriculum vitae (resume), including education, honors, professional experience, publications, grants
- Biographical sketch format is acceptable
- Letter of recommendation from the relevant person overseeing the institution, department, or lab where the research will be conducted.
- Project timeline detailing the expected chronological progress of research aims.
- Review of similar studies, including similar studies underway or pending which might influence subject accrual or funding.
Electronic proposals must be submitted as one PDF document and received by the MOCA office by 4 p.m. CT on September 1, 2020. Direct your electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send one original hard copy of the proposal to:
Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance
4604 Chicago Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55407
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.