MOCA celebrated 20 years of progress – and new milestones in ovarian cancer research funding – at our MOCA Annual Meeting in St. Paul in May.
Each year at our Annual Meeting, MOCA provides research grant funding to ovarian cancer researchers here in Minnesota and throughout the country.
This year, MOCA awarded $680,000 in funding – putting our total amount of funding at nearly $9 million!
The 2019 MOCA-funded researchers include:
- Melissa Geller, M.D., M.S., University of Minnesota. $100,000 for one year.
- Xinyan Wu, Ph.D., Mayo Clinic. $100,000 for one year.
- Emil Lou, M.D., Ph.D., University of Minnesota. $80,000 for one year.
- Valentina Zanfagnin, M.D., Mayo Clinic. $100,000 for one year.
- Reuben Harris, Ph.D. University of Minnesota. $100,000 for one year.
- Naoko Sasamoto, M.D., M.P.H., Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA. National Early Detection Research Grant Award. $50,000 for one year.
- Amy Skubitz, Ph.D., University of Minnesota. $150,000 for one year.
Each researcher who attended our meeting talked about their project with the crowd and then stayed for a poster question and answer session.
We are grateful to YOU, our MOCA supporters who make this life-changing research possible!