The Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance (MOCA) is seeking a special events intern.
MOCA Special Events Intern Job Description
MOCA is a nonprofit committed to making a difference against ovarian cancer. MOCA funds ovarian cancer research, provides support and programming and raises awareness about ovarian cancer. Find more details at mnovarian.org
Mission and Purpose
Contribute and further MOCA’s mission:
- To create an awareness regarding early warning signs that may be indicative of ovarian cancer.
- To create and promote resources for support, networking, and education for women diagnosed with ovarian cancer and their families.
- To unite and educate individuals, the medical community, and organizations to achieve earlier diagnosis, better treatment and a cure for ovarian cancer.
- To advance ovarian cancer research toward earlier diagnosis, better treatment and a cure.
The Special Events Intern will support the Events Manager in organizing and managing event logistics, volunteers, mailings and assist in data entry tasks as needed in relation to special events. The work environment is a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization.
- Maintain event documentation, schedule meetings, take and distribute meeting minutes
- Help recruit, communicate with, and maintain volunteer base, work with event committees to ensure volunteer placement in all events areas
- On-site logistics as needed for special events – assist in ensuring assigned event logistics are flowing and help troubleshoot issues day of the event
- Assist in the coordination of packing all event supplies & materials as needed to ensure a successful event
- Assist in all event logistics as they apply, including pre-planning, on-site management, silent & live auction management, registration and follow-up.
- Minimum of one year of work, volunteer or educational experience in relation to events
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously.
- Previous event and coordination experience desired.
- Accurate, detail-oriented and responsible.
Additional position information:
- Position reports directly to the Events Manager
- This position is part-time, unpaid, and flexible at approximately 5-10 hours per week. Hours are flexible between 8:30AM-5:00PM. Hours are flexible for academic schedules during school months.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required for meetings and events, and some travel within the Twin Cities (minimal)
- There is an expectation to attend special events, committee meetings and membership meetings when needed.
The position is available until filled. Please send a letter of interest and resume to Brenna Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.