Between all of the shopping, decorating, baking and more—the holiday season can be stressful. Adding cancer treatment into the mix may bring another layer of stress. In this month’s Teal Talk, MOCA Community Support Program Manager Stefanie Gliniany shares some tips for coping.
- Prioritize what is the most important to you and set realistic expectations. You might need to adjust or restructure your traditions, and that is okay.
- Accept help. Don’t worry about delegating tasks.
- Carve out time for yourself. Go for a walk, take a bath or try to rest.
- Give yourself permission to express your feelings. Try to enjoy the happy moments, but also allow yourself time to cry and reflect if you need to.
- Surround yourself with caring, nurturing and supportive people.
- Learn to be in the present moment. Do the things that bring you joy.
The holidays can be challenging, especially when facing difficult times. Give yourself grace and find opportunities to enjoy the special moments.
Sending you my warmest wishes for a wonderful holiday season!