In this month’s Teal Talk, MOCA’s Community Support Program Manager Stefanie Gliniany shares some creative activities to help relieve stress.
MOCA held a Lunch and Learn event last month, exploring watercolor art for wellness. Carol Pederson, an ovarian cancer survivor and MOCA Board member, led this wonderful event to help us tap into our creativity, relax and let go of stress. This experience reminded us that there are many crafts and activities to explore, even if you don’t consider yourself an artist. It can be very freeing to try something new and not worry about the final product! Remember to focus on the process!
Here are more ways to express yourself creatively:
- Make art while listening to your favorite music.
- Create a gratitude collage or drawing.
- Practice yoga- create your own flow that works for you!
- Create a family tree with your loved ones.
- Make and send postcards to loved ones you haven’t seen in a while.
- Use natural materials to create art.
- Paint rocks or stone.
- Create a vision board.
- Make a sculpture using items that you planned on throwing away or recycling.
These activities might open new doorways of expression! If you try something new or have other creative ideas to share, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be happy to hear your ideas and pass them along to others!